- OH&S Consultant
8 Employment Facts
At Staffing it is interesting to read some of the interesting stats from the recruitment industry. Whether you are a recruitment agency, employer or candidate you will be surprised and facinated with the following recruiting facts (Updated December 2018):
- Just as the number of job opening can increase it often will decrease at an even faster rate if an economy is slowing down. Nothing is constant so the highest salaries are secured when unemployment rates are lowest. Rememnber however lock in your job and salary at the peak as you may be looking for work when the cycle dips. With approximately 79% of available jobs never advertised you should never stop career networking.
- Organisations spend on average 5 and 8 seconds reviewing resumes, 1 grammar or spelling mistake and your CV will be thrown away. 73% of CVs are ignored if your email address is unprofessional.
- It was reported of the 25,000 new hires 56% of them failed within 19 months and of these, 92% left because their attitudes did not align to that of the operation. Only 12% failed because of a lack of skills.
- The average cost of replacing a member of staff earning is $5,000 and $12,000.
- On average there will be between 60 and 99 applicants for advertised jobs. Generally between 4% and 10% of these applicants get an interview.
- companies report that 1 in 22 job offers (around 5%) are rejected by their first choice of candidate. Usually because they have received another offer, however often for many other reasons.
- Companies on average look for the consider the following traits before making an offer: 29% look for multitasking skills; 28% look for initiative; 20% look for creative thinking; and 11% look for something else in the candidate.
- It is interesting to note that only 6% of unsuccessful candidates were given feedback that was moderately useful from hirers. Only 2% of candidates received valuable feedback.
- Phone interviews last 27 minutes and face-to-face interviews last 57 minutes on average. In a survey of 3,000 hiring managers, 34% claimed to know whether or not they would hire someone within 10 minutes. After that, it usually takes 2 day to 9 days to hear from the recruiters with their decision.
- On average new candidates take between 22 and 26 weeks to reach optimum productivity.
- the ABC
- American Staffing Association
- Hiring for Attitude by Mark Murph
- The Australian Financial Review
For more OH&S Consultant Career Advice see below additional resources to find the perfect job:
READ MORE >
READ MORE >
READ MORE >