At Staffing it is interesting to read some of the interesting stats from the recruitment industry. Whether you are a employment agency, employer or candidate you will be surprised and facinated with the following recruiting facts (Updated April 2019):
- On average there will be between 59 and 97 applicants for advertised jobs. Generally between 6% and 8% of these applicants get an interview.
- Many businesses use talent-management software to screen resumes that look at keywords to screen out up to 72% of applicants without ever looking at a resume or cover letter
- It was reported of the 16,000 new hires 54% of them failed within 19 months and of these, 85% left because their attitudes did not align to that of the organisation. Only 13% failed because of a lack of skills.
- Organisations spend on average 5 and 7 seconds reviewing resumes, 1 grammar or spelling mistake and your CV will be thrown away. 73% of CVs are ignored if your email address is unprofessional.
- The average cost of replacing a member of staff earning is $5,000 and $11,000.
- Other than the date, name of the contact and location, only 37% of candidates receive any information prior to an interview.
- It is interesting to note that only 6% of unsuccessful candidates were given feedback that was moderately useful from hirers. Only 2% of candidates received valuable feedback.
- On average new candidates take between 24 and 26 weeks to reach optimum productivity.
- Phone interviews last 27 minutes and face-to-face interviews last 41 minutes on average. In a survey of 3,000 hiring managers, 34% claimed to know whether or not they would hire someone within 10 minutes. After that, it usually takes 2 day to 13 days to hear from the recruiters with their decision.
- companies report that 1 in 18 job offers (around 5%) are rejected by their first choice of candidate. Usually because they have received another offer, however often for many other reasons.
- Recruitment & Employment Confederation
- The Sydney Morning Herald
- The New York Times
- The Australian Financial Review
For more Recruitment Career Advice see below additional resources to find the perfect job:
READ MORE >